Band on the Road Project

Welcome 80 Minutes of Regulation readers, band nerds/heads/dorks/aficionados, college football fans, and anyone else who may have stumbled by!

I invite you to participate in the Band on the Road Project. The goal is to create as comprehensive as possible of a database of college marching bands who are traveling to away games this year. While I'm admittedly approaching it from a band nerd perspective, I think it's valuable information for my fellow college football fans as well; when traveling to away games, it's nice to know if your band will be there serving up a little slice of home.

Here's where you come in: At this point, I've done all I can do with band schedules that are available online; some are not yet updated. I would love for you to help out by adding band travel that you know of at this point to the overall list. First- and second-hand sources are ideal, but by all means, if you've heard rumors, throw them in; we'll hopefully have enough folks that they'll get straightened out in due time. When adding travel, please add it both to the traveling band and to the school they'll be visiting; after all, home fans may like to know when there'll be another band in the house as well.

I started with the BCS auto-qualifying conferences out of ease of scope, not slight. I started this as one man, and bit off a manageable chunk. By all means, if you've got intel on non-AQs, FCS schools, or even Division II or III programs, feel free to add them.

I'd love your help in making this as comprehensive as it can be. Please add if you can, or share it with folks who may be able to. Thanks!

Band on the Road Project

UPDATE (8/30/2011) The Band on the Road Project is as complete as possible with the information available. In addition to the master list, a new week-by-week breakdown shows which bands are traveling during each week of the football season. The full document now includes all games featuring teams from BCS auto-qualifying conferences, as well as HBCU classics and HBCU band travel games in Division I (MEAC/SWAC and Tennessee State). I not-so-humbly believe that it's the most comprehensive document of its kind, and I aim to keep it up to date as times become final. Most importantly, it remains a public document, and I'd still love any information you can add!

Comments